Pages

Saturday 19 October 2013

Complete/Convenient by Ketan Bhagat



A famous writer’s younger sibling getting into the same profession, ‘nothing to be shocked about’, was my first expression. The famous author getting published by Rupa and the sibling from Shrisht …. I better stop here and speak about the book! (Is it not natural to think this way? It will happen for sure as people will compare in their sub conscious mind at least)

I read the book and I went slowly, I was delighted to see that Ketan did a good job indeed. The book has a plot, characters and narrative is also satisfying. Writing style is also good however lacked innovation, there are emotions, family drama, description etc. but still it went good. At times, going overboard with emotions grabs your head and you started to feel that the spice of emotional flavours are added considering Indian readers.

People might be entertained but at certain points I clear felt it was too much. Too much detailing at places and I think editors of the books were overruled with this aspect at least.

The title of the book didn't quite match with the story. The quality of the print was very nice however design of the cover is not attractive.

I liked the simple writing style; it is easy to connect with the plot. The story is good and looked like an autobiography however flows like a typical Karan Johar movie.


Author indeed left an impression and it will a good read for people who like emotions in detail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment