Pages

Saturday 29 June 2013

When Strangers Meet by K Hari Kumar



Interesting title, nice cover, good quality print and a gripping synopsis – this is enough for a reader to pick up the books from the shelf. It feels good to hold the book, credit goes to the publisher!

This book is another example of a quick read. I liked the narration of the book; it’s simple yet grips the reader and leaves an impression. I was expecting to find sections in the story line and I was right! Although overall the book sails smooth however at some places I felt the story was dragged, was it really required or writer was trying to increase some pages to his novel? Anyways, I liked the way the story ended, a bit of surprise and shocking. I liked it!

The writing is simple and the book is easy to read especially for the people who want to read some English fiction with not a difficult to understand narration.

The publisher is known to throw books at reasonable rates and this book is no exception.

Editing is not at par, I was a bit disappointed. I do not want to spoil the review with pointing errors here 
however there was a lot of scope to remove some of the evident errors in the book.

The climax of the story is not very new, but is good and narrated well. The book could have been a much better read with more work on the language.

The author was successful to leave an impression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment